Tuesday, 9 July 2013

Let me try practicing gratitude

I could complain a lot right now. However it is better if I claw myself into daylight.

Right now I am grateful we have power and it isn't raining.   My garden is super pretty. Last week I had a rare pedicure and love the light purple/blue colour that I chose.  I've worked a lot in the last week and thought tired feel good about the connections I had with all my patients. They were great!
 Finally I will meet with a financial consultant. Specifically geared towards women wanting to understand their finances and wanting to know if they can be more independent.    

My *itches for the day.

One month ago I spilled a huge mug of hot coffee on my laptop,thus the struggle with electronics and no posts with this bumbleberry!  Finally it learned how to accept cookies.:)  still trying to decide on a new laptop.  Mac vs pc.     Mac. Vs pc..........?    The dryer died. No problem using the great outdoors for drying, but with all this rain.........  So we ordered the new dryer and a new washing machine at the same time. Very efficient machines for sure and using so much less water for washing.                 The dishwasher won't clean dishes in the top rack,the gutters can't handle all the rain (the spillover is a cascade).
And I am not "allowed" to say one word that stuff has to be fixed or maintained.  The. Days Of Silence after the tirade have silenced me.  

Pup remains in good form.  Mind you, this 9 month stage can be challenging, so I keep all low key and with a gentle voice and light hand.  Yesterday in less than 6 hours we had 124 cm of heavy downpours.  The most since 1954. Pup went on long walks in between the heaviest rain and did quite well.  I attached my most special LED headlamp to his collar (everyone should have a headlamp for power failures-hands free eh?) and used a flashing red LED to the inside top area of my umbrella. I thought. We were very visible.

Blind people driving cars?  Interesting!   Power was out in many areas throughout.  
In the city many were  stuck on a train that was stranded in flooded water.  I would like to think we came together. Certainly a learning experience to observe the responses.  Kindness. Lack of selfishness.  Consideration for others. Personal strengths

Love the challenge.

PS if your power every goes out, bring some of your solar lights inside,perfectly safe around children and animals.

2 comments:

Hawkeye BrownDog said...

Hi Y'all!

Oh my, is there any place in the world where it isn't raining?

Y'all come back now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Hawkeye BrownDog said...

Hi Y'all!

You sure have had your trials and tribulations!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

Post a Comment