Friday, 5 April 2013

today's gratitudes

sunshine-warmth


spring growth ,oh my! my first lonely (only one?) crocus that a friends dog almost peed on!


longer days,               ah, still light at almost 8 p.m.


my two sons who support,encourage and don't make fun of when I decide to drive a long(ish) distance on the highway (good Lord at night too!)  they show me not only a "map-map" but the google earth map that shows landmarks and the actual road.
my sons who are happy with their choice of careers,and are very, very good at what they do


perfect Honeycrisp apples -they are so good



the combination of colours that make me smile                     *a brilliant orange silk scarf with a purple coat    


a nice income tax return


finding a bra that fits (yes, really!)


yesterday.      
-it was a little warmer (not a lot as the winter jacket was still necessary)          pup and  I had a nice field run.              just before we left we sat on a south/west facing long, fairly steep downslope.     the sun was hot on my face.
the wind was somewhere else (over our heads perhaps?)                I went from sitting to laying flat on the bleached straw-like dry long grasses from last fall.       stretched out long and flat on the warm grasses    &          in seconds pup circled around my legs to peer into my eyes.                "mum?" you OK?                                  he watched me and then satisfied that I was in fact "OK"  he sat beside my head and watched over me.  

"pup" I said, we will grow old together.  




        








2 comments:

Hawkeye BrownDog said...

Hi Y'all!

Haven't been by in awhile. Wanted to check up on y'all.

Layin' on the ground? If my Human is on the ground I think she wants to play and jump on her!

Y'all come by now,
Hawk aka BrownDog

001mum said...

AH, YES every other dog has jumped on me, but this pup is different. Maybe he enjoyed the warmth as much as I?

Post a Comment